DIY Flush-Side Round End Table


I wanted to make this end table sit flush against a wall. So I sawed off a bit of the tabletop!


I am obsessed the antique round folding card tables. They look like a half moon until you pull them apart!

They're my jam ... but way out of  budget. Luckily, flattening an edge on this $5 thrift shop beauty so it'll sit flush against a wall is completely in my budget. Yay!

I turned it over and used the legs and a long ruler to make my cutting line. If you do this, make sure not to cut right next to the legs - table legs usually flare out. If you cut too close to the legs, the table top won't sit flush against the wall. Also, take into consideration how thick your floor molding is! It's really easy to cut the wood off but not so easy to add wood back on :-).


Used my cheap $30 jig saw, eye protection and ventilator to cut the table top.


I lightly sanded everything and covered it with three coats of Annie Sloan chalk paint. The color is Provence. I'll be covering it in minwax. Haven't decided if I want to distress it ... ?




No comments